The Pros and Cons of Ecommerce Solution Shopify Plus
Ecommerce solution Shopify Plus is for enterprise-level ecommerce solutions! Here is a quick brief run through the key pros and cons of Shopify Plus!
Shopify’s ecommerce plans are for small and medium-sized businesses while Shopify Plus is more suitable for high-volume stores.
Regardless of whether you own a large ecommerce site or you run the marketing for one – the main question is how do you keep going and evolving when you enter the enterprise world?
The bigger the store, the more time you spend maintaining infrastructure and tech details. The more time you spend on tech, the more difficult is for you to focus on the things that made your store successful in the first place.
Shopify Plus is a fully-hosted and cloud-based software and a perfect choice if you want to upgrade from a simpler ecommerce solution, if you are looking to move from another enterprise-level ecommerce solution (for example, Magento) or if you want more information on the leading enterprise ecommerce platforms.
In this article, we will discuss Shopify Plus with its pros and cons:
Pros about Shopify Plus:– Customer support: Shopify’s Plus support is without a doubt the best on the market. As a user, you will get access to a Launch Manager and a Merchant Success Manager. It is like hiring qualified and experienced staff members to assist you and be here for you every step of the way. – Scalability: With Shopify Plus, you will enjoy unlimited bandwidth, unlimited sales capacity, and near 100% uptime. Your website can scale without you worrying about technical issues.
– Analytics Reporting: With Shopify Plus, you will get access to analytics and reports unavailable on other plans. With these reports and analytics, you will be able to learn more about your customers and provide a better experience for them.
– Security: The Shopify Plus plan comes with level 1 PCI DSS compliance. For those of you who don’t know – PCI DSS stands for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. If you want to sell to customers online, you need to assure your customers that their information are safe and well protected. Also, you don’t have to buy an SSL certificate which will save you a lot of money.
Cons about Shopify Plus:
– Product Variant Limit: There is no other Shopify Plan that allows you to have more than 100 product variants. A variant is a different combination of an item. Here is one example – if you sell t-shirts in green and yellow, that is one product and two variants. This won’t be an issue for most Shopify merchants who sell a limited selection of items, however, it can be a challenge if you are running a business and you are interested in selling a product in different versions.
– Backend Customization Limitations: You are reliant on applications to improve the functionality of your website. Even though this is unlikely to be a limitation for most online stores, only those stores that sell personalized products.
– Wholesale Limitations: In order to sell B2B on Shopify Plus, you will have to integrate with third-party applications. There are some online stores that see this as a limitation. Shopify is making improvements in this area.
There are over 2.500 high-growth merchants that use Shopify Plus. This plan is for ecommerce businesses that turn over 6 or 7 figures in revenues.
When it comes to the price, there is no official price plan for Shopify Plus. This is because the prices are made specifically for your business, its needs, size, and your situation.
However, according to current users, the prices start from $1500 to $2500 a month.